WHO WE ARE
AMETEK, Inc. (www.ametek.com) is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annualized sales of more than $3.0 billion. AMETEK has approximately 12,000 colleagues working at more than 100 manufacturing facilities and more than 100 sales and service centers in the United States and around the world.
Sunpower, Inc. is part of the Advanced Measurement Systems business unit and is the world leader in free-piston Stirling technology. Our reputation for producing reliable and efficient Stirling engines and cryocoolers is known world-wide. Sunpower’s engineering services include prototype design, development and fabrication of free-piston Stirling engines. The CryoTel line of cryocoolers is known for outstanding performance, manufacturing accuracy, and quality. The company was founded in 1974 and is located in Athens, Ohio.
Sunpower, Inc. is an AA/EEO employer.
Veterans, women, persons of color, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Sunpower is currently hiring an Assembler I/II. This position works as part of an assembly team having responsibility for creating individual components, sub-assemblies, and final assembly of the entire product. The incumbent is required to perform repetitive manufacturing assembly operations with little supervision.
- Performs all assembly operations as part of a cross-functional work cell.
- Assemble and test Cryocoolers as directed by the Production Lead.
- Inspects all individual components/sub-assemblies/final assemblies for quality/accuracy.
- Document and communicate all testing and inspection results in both oral and written formats.
- Maintains accurate records of all inventory transactions.
- Provides troubleshooting assistance related to production issues.
- Provides input involving production planning, inventory organization, and cost reduction methods.
- Good communication (oral and written) skills.
- Presents positive impact within the work group by assisting co-workers.
- Continuously develop skills through training, observation, and/or through additional education.
- Demonstrated ability in TIG or Micro TIG welding, brazing, soldering, and hand assembly.
- Extensive experience reading mechanical drawings, planning sheets, and quality inspection documents.
- Assembler 1 – high school graduate or equivalent required.
- Assembler 2 – technical degree or an Associate Degree preferred.
- Assembler 3 – 4 year degree preferred.
- Assembler 1 – Minimal experience with a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Assembler 2 – two-five years directly related manufacturing experience.
- Assembler 3 – greater than 5 years of manufacturing experience and the ability to function independently with little to no supervision.
- Use of jigs and fixtures and other hand-held tools
- Ability to read and use tools such as: calipers, micrometers, multimeters, thermocouples and oscilloscopes.
- Basic mathematical skills ( addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written)
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to receive and follow instructions/processes precisely while paying strict attention to the details.
To Apply Please Visit: AMETEK Careers