WHO WE ARE
AMETEK, Inc. (www.ametek.com) is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annualized sales of more than $3.0 billion. AMETEK has approximately 12,000 colleagues working at more than 100 manufacturing facilities and more than 100 sales and service centers in the United States and around the world.
Sunpower, Inc. is part of the Advanced Measurement Systems business unit and is the world leader in free-piston Stirling technology. Our reputation for producing reliable and efficient Stirling engines and cryocoolers is known world-wide. Sunpower’s engineering services include prototype design, development and fabrication of free-piston Stirling engines. The CryoTel line of cryocoolers is known for outstanding performance, manufacturing accuracy, and quality. The company was founded in 1974 and is located in Athens, Ohio.
Sunpower, Inc. is an AA/EEO employer.
Veterans, women, persons of color, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Sunpower is currently hiring a Technician II. Under the direction of the engineering staff, electronics technicians read schematics and other technical documentation, assemble and test both prototype and production electronic assemblies, and interface with engineering, manufacturing staff, drafting, and machine shop personnel in the completion of assigned technical tasks.
CORE DUTIES (Must do functions)
- Configure, test and troubleshoot electronic assemblies from outside vendors.
- Troubleshoot and repair electronics returned from customers.
- Following directions from engineering and senior technicians, assemble and test prototype Stirling engine and cooler controls.
- Document and communicate test results in oral and written format.
- Assist in the timely shipment of final prototypes and production hardware to clients.
- As requested, travel within the United States to assist with hardware delivery and/or customer integration/acceptance/troubleshooting.
- As requested, attend trade shows
ROUTINE FUNCTIONS (Lower priority than core)
- Attend weekly engineering meetings.
- Provide and review inputs to document technical procedures for documentation purposes.
- Continuously develop skills through educations, training, observation and mentoring.
- Provide input and documentation for communication with customers.
- Technician 1 – high school graduate or equivalent
- Technician 2 – technical college degree or equivalent experience
- Technician 3 – technical college/university degree or equivalent experience
- Technician 1 – minimal experience with excellent electrical/electronic aptitude
- Technician 2 – two-five years directly related experience
- Technician 3 – greater than five years directly related experience and the ability to function independently
- Experience with rework and troubleshooting of electronic circuits and assemblies.
- General familiarity with laboratory equipment, processes, and safety measures.
- Ability to read and use tools such as: calipers, OD micrometers, ID micrometers, multimeters, thermocouple meters, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Experience with various hand tools; soldering iron, wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, dremels, etc.
- Experience reading graphical representation of electrical and mechanical hardware (mechanical drawings, schematics, sketches)
- Basic mathematical and electrical and mechanical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to receive and follow instruction/processes precisely and in a timely and efficient manner.
To Apply Please Visit: AMETEK Careers